Gaining Necessary Consent

Home   /   Gaining Necessary Consent

Planning Permission

Our experienced and professional staff will handle this on your behalf. From start to finish, we will advise and keep you well informed…dealing with all the complicated paperwork for you.

There are some scenarios where planning permission may not be required. We will advise you in detail but, generally, an extension with the following dimensions does not require permission: 3m deep at the rear of an attached house, 4m deep at the rear (or side, if not facing a highway) of a detached house. These new ‘permitted development rights’ now also apply in Green Belt areas. Volume limits no longer apply.

Building Regulations

Building regulations must not be confused with ‘Planning Permission’; they are completely separate. Again, we are your experts in these matters and are happy to handle the whole process on your behalf.

Building regulations are constantly changing and we will advise you on the up-to-date situation for individual cases. Here are the current categories:

Party Wall Agreement

A Party Wall Agreement, technically known as an “award”, is the document produced by the two parties’ agreed surveyor acting for the homeowner.

It will usually consist of three parts:

1. The award itself, a set of guidelines governing how the proposed works should progress.

2. A “schedule of condition” of the adjoining property, often supported by a set of photographs.

3. Drawings showing the details of the proposed works.

We will be happy to handle this process for you.

Structural Calculations

It is essential we take detailed calculations of the structure. Our experienced surveyor will ensure this is carried out accurately.